Mercy

Mercy

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Living Free of Fear

Living Free of Fear

While sitting here in my cozy chair thinking about what to write for our blog. I am thinking about how much I am not enjoying this type of weather nor do I enjoy being couped up indoors, it makes me depressed and weary.

However, I earnestly asked God what do you would want me to say for my heart and spirit is down.
In my heart I strongly believe God wants to remind me of his love for us.
A couple of mornings ago, after the recent snow storm. I had a serious plumbing problem that had happened in my apt. I do not own a plunger or nothing of that sort, and no one will be able to come out to service my plumbing. I was practically in tears and afraid. I called and woke up my mother at 5 am and told her the problem. We prayed and she gave some helpful advice. Her advice was to get a wire coat hanger and use it as a snake. Before I did that, my kids and I joined hands and prayed that God will intervene in this problem. I went to the bathroom and did what I could do with the coat hanger and water went running all over the place. The water valve on the toilet is broken. I cried out to God "What do I do?" Suddenly the rest of the water immediately flushed down.
Long story short, our plumbing is fixed!!
I know this is a little comical, but to me I saw God's hand helping a single mother with two children who knows nothing about plumbing, and took of care of it. This was another way he showed his for love for me.
God lead me back to one of my journals and on May 26,2008
I wrote, "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. I John 4:18" and my notes continued...

"The only love that is perfect is the love of God and the way you get perfected in his love is to draw close to him and let him fill you with his love." Author Unknown

God has brought me through some dark and painful circumstances that brought me out of fear to a place of healing and mercy. There are times I am overwhelmed by his great love for me, that all I can do is draw closer to him and freely walk out in confidence that he is always there in my midst.

1 comment: